You will be required to deploy software into production by building maintainable, readable, modular solutions using modern software engineering best practices. Be ready to talk about your experiences doing code reviews, building interfaces, and deployment systems. You should have strong opinions about best software engineering practices. This role will have a special focus on promoting DevOps to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery. Candidates for the DevOps Engineer must have a very deep understanding of various development tools and technologies. This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices. Own Continuous Delivery specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. Enable developers to ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support.
- Serve as key leader and expert on DevOps practices
- Implement and support Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines
- Support, troubleshoot and analyze code on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks
- Responsible for deploying code and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
- Implement security measures at infrastructure level to protect our applications and data
- Collaborate with engineering team to deploy applications in dev/test/prod environments
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad
- applications and functional expertise.
- Regularly provides input to define and implement conceptual issues.
If you are missing some of the skills but believe you are the right candidate, tell us why.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps
- Experience in infrastructure automation including Linux Servers, GCP / AWS / Azure
- Technical Knowledge in Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu, CentOS), Log Management, Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Perl, Docker, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Terraform etc.
- Hands-on experience in Kubernetes.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD tools.
- Experience in management of infrastructure (preferably GCP).
- Experience in Load balancing of clustered environments.
- Good understanding of Networking & system issues
- Experienced in cloud networking and implementing security best practices in the cloud environment